Thursday, September 2, 2010

This only happens in the movies

After a really, really long day, me and Mickey decide it's time to go for a late night swim to relax. So, in order to get to the pool, we have to walk by the workout room. I was surprised to see that it was dark in most of the room except for one. I was more surprised to see a couple very toned men working out by the inside window where we were walking. Mickey called them "gorgeous chocolate hunks." We kind of made eye contact, smiled and kept walking. Unlike normal single girls my age I don't have my hot guy radar out 24/7 (like Mickey), but I didn't need one to know that these were some of the finest men here. Like normal girls do, we agree on how hot we thought they were once we get out of earshot.

Once that is done, the two men actually follow us out to the pool. Non-conspicuous of course! They have their jump rope and tease each other about jumping in with their clothes on. And it looks like right before they decide to approach us...here comes my friend Zach. "HEY GUYS!" He was totally oblivious to what was happening. And poor Zach, he couldn't compete with these guys. Zach has always been sickly skinny and pale his whole life. He's not what I would consider 'attractive', but he's very funny which is why I invited him to the pool in the first place because both me and Mickey needed a laugh. We certainly got one at the ironic circumstances that happened at the pool. The contrast between Zach and the two guys was so humorous!

I mean REALLY! That stuff only happens in movies, right!? Where the dorky friend interrupts the girls chance with a guy or vice versa? In reality...it would have been nice to meet those cute guys, but I don't think that they wanted anything more than a booty call. There has got to be a similar hotness level among couples and they were way too hot for me anyway. So I guess I should be thanking my dorky friend, saving me from rejection. Should be anyway...but a part of me will always wonder what would have happened...

Thanks Zach...I guess...

1 comment:

  1. I hate the wondering - but it is better than being disappointed (maybe?) --- Looking forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete