Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Story of a Friends X, Rude Roommates and Weekend Adventures!

"By the way...Jake is coming soon. Just to let you know." With two sentences, our breath was knocked out of us and our worlds both came to a screeching halt!

Sound dramatic enough for you? Let me tell you the back story. I was in the middle of season 2 of How I Met Your Mother with my roommie Mickey. She was having an extremely hard day/week. So was I, but being the good roommate I am, I was trying to make her day better. Honestly, I think I didn't mind so much because I knew she doesn't have awesome blog readers like you guys to make her feel better when she's having an off day :) (I'm not just being a suck-up, you guys rock. True...but besides the point. We'll get to that later.)

We've gotten a lot closer this year for lots of reasons. Because of that, she finally was able to tell me, almost over a year later, why her and her ex boyfriend broke up. Lets say the relationship she was on the verge of being abusive. Being one of her best friends...I had no idea. I broke down when I found out because it literally broke my heart that she was suffering and I had no idea. The guy in question was Jake, Kimmy's brother. For those of you catching up, Kimmy is one of our other roommates.

So for obvious reasons, Kimmy knows that the break up didn't go well, but doesn't know of Mickey's disdain for Jake. No, it goes further than disdain. Full blown hatred. I don't like the term 'hate', but being one of the few privileged people to be let in on the truth, I don't blame her. I would hate him too. I'm just disgusted with him, which is too bad because he used to be a really good friend of mine.

So you can imagine how it felt to hear 5 minutes before her ex arrived that he would be there. Kimmy knew about this ALL WEEK and she was choosing now, 5 minutes before he arrived to tell Nicole and I the news. My heart race picked up because I was so angry. I didn't say anything, but Mickey sounded cool. Then we went to her room and she completely broke down. She didn't even want to be in the same vicinity as him. So we dropped all our plans of seeing Letterman and seeing Toy Story 3. We packed our stuff for the night and I drove her to my house, which is about an hour away from here (I was planning on going home anyway after all our plans tonight). I've never seen us pack so quick. Once the decision was made we were out the door and on our way in 10 minutes. Kimmy was a little insulted, but she really doesn't understand. She was taking it personally that we were leaving, but honestly I think that was just a little selfish and naive of her. I don't hold too much of it against her. Thankfully, Jake was running late.

So our past 24 hours consisted of Rummy, How I Met Your Mother, Kings Corner, Pride and Prejudice, us enjoying a couple drinks, a full breakfast, frisbee, and going out for lunch. It really helped to just get out of that situation and have fun! Now we had to come back tonight because she had to work, but we didn't think about calling the apartment ahead of time just to make sure that he wasn't there...but he was. We didn't think that through. We were nice and courteous even though we were shocked and upset. But luckily for us she had to babysit in 40 minutes so she just left as soon as we dropped off our stuff. I think she just drove around town for a while.

That leaves us at this point in time. Jake, Kimmy and Josiah (Kimmy's Fiance) were watching a movie in the living room. They just left without saying anything to me. RUDE! Ah well...I'm not taking it personal. It's whatever. I had a great weekend regardless of really bad situations and I'm not going to let them ruin it either! On another topic...

*Deep Breath*

So I'm going to start something new! I have such a small audience, and to make it a little more interactive, I'm going to do a 'commenter shout out'. This will consist of me answering questions, commenting back in my next blog, or just thanking you for commenting! So if you have questions feel free to ask in the comments or just leave me some love.

Commenter shout out!

LovelyBee: HIMYM new season starts Monday! Be there! Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's not a Letterman fan :)

Bookworm91691: OMG how weird is this...we just found out we go to the same school!?! Not only that but we are both Nerdfighters, youtubers, and like Harry Potter. Bizarre!!! Seriously...so weird! But freaking fantastic at the same time! I love the internet!

2 comments:

  1. What a great friend you are. Poor Mickey. I really can't believe how awful some people can be to other people. I send her some smiles. :)

    http://www.simplykateweber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm #1- you're an awesome friend!! Getting her out of the situation was the best thing to do for her!

    #2- Don't be phased by Kimmy's reaction; if she really knew what her brother did, I think she would understand.

    #3- HIMYM starts monday?? My Monday just got bad-ass :)

    ReplyDelete