Friday, September 24, 2010

Worst shower of my life

I just experienced the worst shower of my life! You didn't think there was such a thing did you? Well...let me prove you wrong! Let me preface this story by saying I'm spending the weekend at my parent's lake house. So stuff like this normally doesn't happen, okay? Okay..onto the story.

It all started normal until I saw this fluttering out of the corner of my eye. It might be beneficial for you guys to know that I have a phobia of bees too. So of course I freak out, thinking it's a bee. I scream and throw my hands everywhere. The point was to try getting it away from my face. It worked, but I also pulled back the shower curtain and sprayed water all over the floor in the process. Only after I regained my composure and redirected the water flow, I realized it was only a moth. In my defense...this moth was HUGE! Kind of looked like and was the size of a bumblebee so I had reason to fret!

So I turn off the water and try to find something to capture it with so it doesn't try attacking me in the shower again (that's what it was doing, I swear!) To my luck, there was an empty clear cup on the sink. So the next 3 minutes consisted of me chasing the moth around the bathroom and screaming when it got too close to my face. My mom actually knocked on the bathroom door to make sure I was okay...that was kind of embarrassing. But honestly, take a moment to mentally picture that. I'm sure it would have been hilarious to anyone else but me, which is why I'm sharing my adventures with you dear blog readers!

I finally end up catching it and putting a tissue underneath the cup to keep the moth trapped in. Then it's big bug eyes were staring at me like they wanted revenge, so I put a candle on top of the cup to weigh it down. I'm sure if I hadn't that little moth would have fought his way out. He looked strong for a small thing!

Anyway....after that embarrassing episode...I tried to continue my shower. Tried to. Everything was going fine until I accidentally knocked my dad's razor in the tub mid-condition. The blade disconnected from the handle and went flying....right into the drain. It was JUST big enough to slip through. Not wanting to push it too far down, I try to turn off the water. Well of course I didn't turn the cold water handle all the way off because it shocked me so much with icy cold water I let out another squeal and jumped up. If I wasn't awake then, I was after that! In the process I somehow got conditioner in my eye and had to restart the freezing water to flush my eyes.

Okay now after properly turning off the water I try to use the handle of the razor to get the blade. Instead I pull out a HUGE wad of hair. It was disgusting. Kind of looked like a small mouse too. I was hoping (I don't know why) that the razor was in this goop of a hair ball. But it wasn't. Don't ask why, but I started to use my hands to try and find the razor. That could have ended badly. But fortunately/unfortunately I didn't find it. Fortunately because all of my fingers were still in tact. Unfortunately because that was my dads last razor. Oops? Sorry dad!

So yeah, the moral of the story: Use common sense when showering, it's dangerous. Also, I'm an idiot.

P.S. No moths were hurt in the making of this blog.

Commenter Shout Out Time!!

Denise Nicole: I knew we'd have a green-team commenter. That's okay...I got love for all :)
Cole Garrett: TMNT was the best! :) And I'm trying not to think about the other kinds of debt I'll get into later in life. Ahhh, so scared!

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha that is the worst shower story ever. Actually, I think it could have been worse if you would have fallen. LOL. But thank goodness that didnt happen. I love you spent time trying to catch a moth! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate taking showers anywhere but home. I don't even like it at my parent's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog on Cole's group on 20sb :)
    hahahaha, I'm sorry that you had such an awful shower. they are supposed to be exhilarating, not traumatizing, right?
    I had a bad shower once, too. I was still pretty much asleep (I must have zombie-walked into the shower, because I don't remember getting in). I slipped, fell, and smashed my face on the shelf in the shower. I'm pretty sure this knocked me out because the next thing I remember was laying in a heap on the shower floor, covered in soap, blood gushing from my mouth, and my poor dad knocking on the door and yelling to see if I was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a few crazy shower stories.

    I'm TERRIFIED of spiders. One day when I was showering this BIG MONSTER of a spider appeared beside me. I started screaming and flailing around in an attempt to splash it with water to send it down the drain.

    INstead I knocked it closer to myself, freaked, slipped, fell into the shower curtain, pulled the curtain and pole down and fell out of the tub while catching my foot under the drain plug and nicking my foot on it.

    I have no idea where that dam spider went.

    ReplyDelete