Thursday, September 23, 2010

Team Nickelodeon or Team Disney?

WOW! Where did all you people come from? I basically just tripled my followers in 4 days. Granted I don't have very many, but hi! Welcome to my life!

I've started to write this blog so many times this week, but I just couldn't find anything to talk about at first! It basically started out like "I have too much on my plate blah blah blah," but no one really wants to hear about that. I didn't even want to write about it. So instead I thought I'd share with you three things I've heard this week that I find particularly interesting! I hope you do too!

1. October 10 is national cake decorating day!
Now you know I'm excited! I think this is the first week since we moved into our apartment that me and my roommates haven't had cake. Yes, we are that bad. But this holiday gives us an excuse to have more cake! There's something about cake in general...might be the sugar...that just puts me in a better mood! It'll probably end up being funfetti cake, since that is my favorite. Or, our second option (and better option if you ask me) is for me to make legendary cake ice-cream cones! You just put cake in little ice-cream cones and bake. It's seriously the most delicious thing I've ever made!

2. Today, in 1962, ABC's 1st color TV series-The Jetsons- was aired. (Yes I just looked this up)
This is just a classic topic to talk about. I feel a little nostalgic nowadays. I used to love the Jetsons! Seriously though I thought that's how the 2000s were going to be. I was only a little off. What were your favorite shows as a kid? I was a Nickelodeon fan myself. I know there was always a huge war between Nick and Disney...and then Cartoon Network was kind of like the green party, they had good points but no one listens to them. My favorite of all time was probably "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I was a strange kid... But I liked all the classics too! Like Doug, Hey Arnold, Angry Beaver's, All That, Kenan and Kel etc. So it kind of evens out I guess.

3. I won't get out of debt until I'm at least 40...yaaaay!
I'm in a class called Social Problems. We've spent the first 1/3 of our semester talking about money and how much it sucks for our generation, yes I'm talking about you too. It's basically saying how much harder it is for us to get ahead because the government is against us. While I agree with this statement, it's not something I want to dwell on. Reality checks are needed from time to time. I understand that. It's probably a good thing I'm in this class, but can you at least show me the silver lining? Or change topics? There are a lot worse social problems out there than my debt I'm wracking up in college. We're not going to talk about THAT though! While interesting...not a very cheerful subject. But I just wanted to let all you 20 something bloggers out there...if you are in the same boat, I know what you're going through!!

To sum up, I will always be in debt (as will most of the United States), I am team Nickelodeon, and if anyone ever wants to make me a cake I would be more than happy to accept that gift. :)

Commenter shout-out time! Heeeeeya!

Vic: I don't have pics yet, we'll see
Anastasia B: Hey, don't diss the power rangers. They were my favorite growing up! I always thought they'd save me when I was in a really bad situation.
Konrad: Glad I could make you laugh.
Kate Weber: I wanna hear about your costume when you think of one!!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite had to be cartoon network..i loved all those cartoons. Never was a fan of disney. Something about it kinda was weird. And then i liked nick cause they had some good shows too

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brothers and I were Nickelodeon kids AND whichever station Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came on.

    Oh, and house, car, school, and other-really-big-expense debt is just a part of life. It's the revolving debt that's killer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be in debt until I am 95! As long as i'm not living in a cardboard box I guess I am ok with it.

    ReplyDelete