Wednesday, August 25, 2010

R.I.A. Esther

I began the day like any other day.  Got up early to catch the public bus to the university.  On the bus I was catching up with Twitter.  I'm terrible at keeping up with it but I feel like that's the only way I keep up with my Nerdfightery friends...that and blogger.  I teared up when I read katiefabs tweet about how Esther was in the ICU and needed prayers. I was 6 or so hours late...but I prayed for her...only to read on that she didn't make it. 

I avoided eye contact with everyone.  I got to class 20 minutes early and thanked God for my luck when I went to the bathroom to cry.  I cried for at least 10 minutes straight with no interruption.  How could a girl I've never known personally affect me so?  Because I know the type of person she is.  She is kind, caring, silly, young, and inspiring to ALL of nerdfighteria and then some.  She was diagnosed with cancer which took her away from her friends, family, and online community in one night.  She suffered so much and I can only rest in the peace that I know that she is pain free right now and able to breathe freely, knowing she won't have to fight for her life another moment.  Also, she can rest in the fact that this awesome community is reaching out to her family and comforting them.  They will never be alone, and the presence of Esther will live on.

 She was 16.

She was beautiful.

She used her short-lived spunky life to touch as many people as she could.

She's my hero.

Our wands are raised to you, Esther Grace Earl.



Rest In Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment