Monday, November 8, 2010

After my month long hiatus...

This is RIDICULOUS! Seriously, I haven't blogged in a MONTH!? Thanks to Kaylee who commented on my last post today which reminded me about the blog-o-sphere.

It's funny, because so much can change in one month! Let me recap...
1. That boy I was talking about is dating another girl now.
2. I had to DTR with that guys roommate...awkwaaarrd. I didn't even realize was into me.
3. An old friend is now suddenly taking an interest in me. (Not complaining)
4. The terrible roommate problems have suddenly vanished and we all get along really well!
5. I went to my first wrock/youtube concert and met my favorite band of all time :)
6. I made jello-shots for the first time!

That last one actually happened yesterday. We threw a roommate party and made drinks and jello shots. When I say threw a roommate party, it was nothing big. We hung out, danced to music, played kings, and took some terribly embarrassing video of us playing DDR. I even saw my roommate take her first shot. Well...it was a half-shot technically, but that's good for her! We don't do this often, so it was nice to just have a nice time at home and have all of us roommates getting along.

Okay that sounded like something just off of the Brady Bunch or something. Sorry.

Anyway, back to reality! The only reason I'm writing a blog post today really is because I literally have nothing that I want to do. I woke up this morning with my eye swollen. Ice helps, but it itches, hurts and is really red. I have no idea what caused this, but I can't put in my contacts and my glasses are out of date. So I get dizzy when I have my glasses on, and I get dizzy when I just have one contact in. I can't win! So seeing as I can't see, I decided not to go to class since I can't take notes. By the way. Imagine me squinting with one eye closed while typing this. Got that visual in your head? Okay I give you permission to laugh. I'm glad no one else is home with me.

I have a test later today, which I have to go to, but that's okay. I should be studying for that, and my test Wednesday and the GRE. Has anyone taken the GRE? It's kicking my butt! You have to know so many vocabulary words that no one in their right mind uses anyway. So why am I being tested on words like impecunious, licentious, pusillanimous and zeitgeist. Am I REALLY ever going to use those words again? No, no I am not. Don't even get me started on the math section...

I don't think I've blogged about this before, but I am doing NaNoWriMo during the month of November. It's National Novel Writing Month for those of you who don't know. I'm attempting to write a 50,000 word novel by the end of November. I've already got 9k, so I think I'm doing pretty good! Yesterday was the first day I didn't write a word though. That kind of scares me a bit that I won't catch up, but hey that's okay! If at the end of the month I only get to 30,000 words, I still have 30,000 words of a novel written! That's much more than I would have had if I just gave up completely! My roommate Nicky thinks I'm absolutely insane for finding writing enjoyable. "Dork" I believe is her word of choice to describe me. I don't care, it's fun!

So questions for you:
You like to blog, right? But do you like to write? They are completely different!

Commenter Shout-out time!

Anastasia B, Katie Weber and Kaylee: I loved all of your comments! Thanks for understanding and offering advice if you could. You guys are seriously awesome! And even more awesome if you read this reply to your comment a MONTH later!

1 comment:

  1. #1 Good luck on the GRE
    #2 Good luck with NaNoWriMo! It's tough, but fun and rewarding!
    #3 I gave you an award a couple of weekends ago. Check it out:
    http://dryhumordaily.blogspot.com/2010/10/another-blog-award.html
    :)

    ReplyDelete